Already one year the numerous guests of Bulgaria’s capital enjoy the free walking tours around Sofia, guided by our non-profit organization. One year later, we would like to share with you what we’ve accomplished so far and how it all started. If we look back today, here are the key achievements of this year:
- First volunteer – Kristian Mitov
- First flyer – improvised in a couple of hours by Adrian Mitov (see on the right)
- First guest – a Canadian guy, who walked around 2,5 hours with Kristian and Vanya
- First review – “A fantastic way to learn about Sofia’s history and culture.“
- First unofficial partner – CouchSurfing Sofia
- First official partner – Tourist Service Municipal Company at Sofia Municipality
- First media appearance – Kristian on Bulgarian National Television (in Bulgarian)
- First presentation – Elevator Pitch @ StartUP Conference 2011
- First (constituent) meeting as an NGO – 22.10.2010
Today we usually welcome at least 38 visitors per day. We started with one tour per day, today we have two – at 11:00 and at 18:00 – sometimes up to 140 guests and 6 groups per day.
Sun or rain, snow or cold – weather could never stop us or our guests:
We started with 4 volunteers
Тoday we are 11 people who represent a variety of professions – history, tourism, IR, journalism, engineering, marketing, film art, law, Arabic studies, political sciences, economics.
It’s a miracle that our GUEST NUMBER 5000 would come exactly today – there could have been no better present for our birthday. However, the greatest achievement of all is that a lot of times we have actually discovered Sofia through the eyes of our guests – the things YOU noticed, the questions YOU asked, the remarks YOU made, the surprises YOU mentioned. This is our biggest motivation and we’re looking forward to our guest number 10.000 🙂 Thank you all for your great support!
P.S. We will also write about the celebrations of our birthday and our guest N5000.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.