- Find out what it was like on the eastern side of the Iron Curtain by joining our Communist tour. A 45-year-long period compressed in about 3 hours, including factors that led to it and its aftermath. Our main goal is to present this controversial period of history in an objective and informative way.
- During the approximately 3-hour-long walking Communist Tour you will learn about the 45-year-long communist period of Bulgaria in an objective and informative way.
- The 365: Communist Tour welcomes its guests EVERY DAY at 4PM
- On-demand private tours are also available. Please contact us.
- You can also check our tours calendar for the most up-to-date information and other available tours.
- Online bookings and payments are currently unavailable. You can join this tour without reservation and pay on the spot. Our guides will be waiting for you in front of the Palace of Justice in Sofia.
- No Reservation Required. Just show up!
- PRICE: 28 BGN (14 EUR) per person
- The tour includes the main landmarks of communist history in the city of Sofia: former headquarters of the Bulgarian Communist Party, secret police investigation facility, destroyed mausoleum, monument of the Soviet army, National Palace of Culture, among others. During the 3-hour-long walking tour you will learn about the theory of communism, what Marxism-Leninism is, the history of communism in Bulgaria, the pros and cons of the period and the relation between the communist government and religion, industry, economy, culture and everyday life of the people.
Tour start time
Tour start location
Palace of Justice Sofia